So you want another awesome Giveaway?
Well, I stumbled upon one today and I don't know how
Here are the goods:
I love those dress forms with the ribbon on them.... I think they are adorable!!!!! I may even keep them that way... I know that's not the point but... they are so cute. Here's a pic of just them
Okay so here's where you need to go
Paper Craft Pleasures
Let her know you saw it here on Peanut Butter and Jelly Designs...
Thanks so much,
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Ouilled Iris Flower
Here's what you need:
Standard length, 3mm (1/8th inch) wide quilling strips 8 purple,one mauve, one pale yellow,9 black, 4 lila, 7 green.
One pale yellow and one bright yellow strip that is 1/16th inch wide
Tombo glue --- I find it works best for me but you can use what ever you find works the best for you.
Very pointy locking Tweezers.... I happen to use medical tweezers we picked them up at a flea market super cheap.
Mounting paper I choose Cream (8X10 inches)
Dowel or Marker
Very fine scissors..... I use my Honey Bees
1. You want to glue two full length strips together one behind the other one in black and purple (at the tips).
2. Next your going to glue a Quarter length (4 1/2 '') pale yellow strip to the glued ends of the other two . You will have the yellow as an extension to the other two colors you just glued.
3. Now begin to roll at the pale yellow end, with the purple on the outside of the coil. This is very important.
4. Next release the coil and take your scissors and cut the black strip shorter the purple strip. Glue down the end of the purple strip where it wants to lay naturally.
5. Now you are going to need your locking tweezers because you want to make this into an Eccentric Coil. You have to hold the center of the coil to one of the ends. This is why locking tweezers are best because you will need to allow the glue to dry before letting it go.
6. While that is drying take your mounting paper and mark the center of it very lightly in pencil . Next, put a few tiny dots of glue on the back of you Eccentric Double Rolled , End to End , Loose Coil and glue it down dead center of the mount. With the purple and black pointed downward. (Hope that wasn't too confusing)
7. Glue two full length strips of purple and lilac together at their tips. Double roll them with the purple on the outside cut the lilac strip a little bit shorter and glue down the purple strip where it falls naturally.
8. Squeeze and press this roll into a curved teardrop shape. Pinch the curved ends a little bit. You will need 2 of these they are the "horned " petals at the top of the flower.
9. Repeast step 7 but this time shape the coil into a crescent, using your dowel, marker, lipstick. Again you need to make 2.
10. Now your going to want to glue these four shaped coils down to the backround taking care that you do it symmetrically.
11. Make the tiny petals in the main flower using a quarter length mauve strip for each closed loose coil. For all of the leaves make 7 closed loose coils using one green strip for each leaf. Shape and glue them down as shown.
12. Make the five tiny yellow and pale yellow coils for the center of the flower using the 1/16th inch wide paper strips using a quarter length of the strip and glue down as shown.
Hope that this wasn't too confusing to follow.... In the future I will try to remember to take pictures of this as I do each step... It may make it a bit easier to follow.
If you like this I would love for you to go over to my friend Karel's Blog One by One the Flamingo's are Stealing My Sanity and vote for my Quilled Iris it's entered as part of her May monthly Challenge.
Thanks so much,
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
I just saw this on facebook and I had to share it... I've been wanting to try these marksers for some time and this looks like the perfect opportunity to try them.... (It's hard to type this with my fingers crossed!!!)
Here's the details so that you can get in on this as well. If you would please let em' know you read about here at Peanut Butter and Jelly Designs . Thanks : )
^^^Win 7 FREE Copic Sketch Markers of your choice!^^^
Post a comment about www.ScrapbookPal.com on a message board, forum or blog (must be a craft related place). Please make sure it is not spammy! Once you post a message
1. email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the post along with yo...ur contact info with the SUBJECT LINE CONTEST
2. Put this as your Facebook Status
3. Leave a comment below saying you have entered.
All enters due by end of day May 12th. Winner will be randomly selected on the 13th. If we get enough entries we will draw for more then 1 winner so make sure to spread the word about the contest so there is more chances to win!
Monday, May 9, 2011
Flowers, Flowers, Flowers Everywhere
Is now over. Wasn't that a great hop? So many flowers.....so little time. I wanted to formally thank Kathryn for pulling off yet another great hop. I also wanted to thank all of you who took time out of your busy Mother's Day Weekend to stop by and check out both of my projects. Also thank you for the inspirational comments. I can't decide which project I like the best either. I like them both equally.
As promised I will work on getting those instructions up for both projects by the weekend. Today I am recouperating from the weekend... and tomorrow I have an appointment that will take all morning..... then I don't know what's going to happen. Friday morning, we will be away at a viewing and a funeral. There was a death in the family again this past weekend. So we'll be with family on Friday so in between I will do my best to get stuff up on here.
Then I took the bottle, oh before I forget. The bottle was around $4.00 and I got to use a coupon on it so it was around $2.50 when all was said and done and I can make glue dots as big as I want and I can make way more of them then I'd ever would have been able to buy them for that price.
So here are some of the first glue dots that I made. on here I used old sticker pages that I had saved for no particular reason. Then I covered them with wax paper. I made up a bunch of these out of wax paper and they worked pretty good until we had those few really warm days then they kind of stuck alittle more then I would have liked them too. So this passed weekend during our shopping trip I picked up some parchment paper because I read that works better. So we will see.
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it.